Thursday, March 4, 2010

Drew: I could not believe how right's



On 26 Les Humphries died in December († 67) in his English home to Basingstoke. Hardly anyone got anything with the death of the great band leader - until now.
Humphries led in recent years, a crazy recluse. So crazy that he had already declared himself to be dead.
"Mama Loo", "Mexico", "Kansas City" - mega hits! All of the Les Humphries Singers. Only on Saturday night millions of viewers saw at RTL, as the group landed at number 3 on the eternal top-list of the "Ultimate Chart Show" by Oliver Goats (38). These ex-singer Jürgen Drews sang Humphries (62), a new version of "Mama Loo". Les Humphries had been there long ago succumbed to a heart attack after a lung infection.
Popstar for Drews EXPRESS: "On Friday the show was recorded. Some of the old gentlemen had heard the news of his death already, but I said nothing because they were afraid I would get confused at the gig. It was not until the next morning, over breakfast at the Savoy Hotel in Cologne, they told me. Shortly thereafter, Humphries called me `ex-wife to Dunya Rajter. I could not believe how true it still does not. "
For Drew recalled in an oblique story: "1998 was announced by the radio station Bayern 3 death by Les Humphries. Shortly thereafter, I gave a live interview as an obituary. It later turned out to be a hoax everything. Les Humphries had himself declared dead and spent on the phone as his twin brother. Which there was not at all! "
Now Les Humphries really is dead and Drew, who sang from the beginning until 1975 in his band, mourns: "He was a genius, a fantastic musician, a gifted pianist. Without him I would have never had so much fun in life. We were Sex, Drugs & Rock `n` Roll, a Chaos force against the establishment. "
But Drew also saw the other personality of the great Humphries: "Behind the stage, he was strict as a general. He called me even once reviled as a Nazi. Later, when I sang the old hits at big concerts, I received threatening letters from him. No idea what got into him. "